Saturday, November 3, 2007

Still Recovering from Halloween

well not really, but it did take me a good day and a half for my feet to stop hurting. My halloween was so busy just as most other moms. I was especially exhausted from lack of sleep the two nights before cause I was up till about 2am sewing. It was fun sewing and all, but I wish I hadn't put it off till so late. Another dumb thing I did was to not line my kids up and take a picture. I need to get it together so I can remember these things. Oh well... anyways Celise was a geisha girl, Austin was frankenstein (thanks to my friend Carly - who lent me the suit jacket, I had no idea how I was gonna pull a suit jacket off. Im good a sewing, but not that good! Thank You!!!) Baylee was a cat and so cute, but I didn't take a picture of her in her full costume. So she has agreed to get into her costume tonight so I can. Alyssa was Hannah Montana, she loved being a blonde, and Alanah was a princess and we had an extra wig so she was blonde to. We did the parties in all the classrooms and the parade at the school. We also met up with Julie and the girls to trick-or-treat at a strip mall that we also did last year. I think that will be a good fun tradition, the kids love it and we go at like 4 so it kinda kicks off the rest of the night and gets them really excited. Not to mention that any time they get to spend with cousins is like heaven on earth for them. After that we all had dinner here at our house and then went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. That was fun, I love this neighborhood so much, it is so cute and all my neighbors are so great! We went early enough that we had lots of time to hand out candy to other kids, Alyssa especially loved that. And as we ran out of candy the kids were so willing to give out as much of their loot as we needed till it got about 8:30 and the trick-or-treaters were all done. We ended the night watching part of "poltergeist" (it is rated PG and so we thougth that would be fun) we didn't get all the way through it before Dave and I decided we should turn it off. The older kids wanted to keep watching, but it was a little to weird!!

It was a fun and full day!

3 comments:

Shari said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! I hope we have moved out there by next halloween and we could join in on the fun out there.

Emily Shurtleff said...

wow Sounds like you guys had a busy but fun halloween.

Julie Winder said...

those pictures are all so cute. love the one of the twins from behind. You are such an amazing seamstress and photographer, Your kids all look awesome. Thanks for a fun evening at your home for Halloween!