Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well I am the big 30 today! Yay, I think. But I'm not really one who cares about my age. It has been so long since I have posted anything really worth reading. So lets see if I can actualy remember all that has happened in the last month or so... Well kinda like good news, bad news, I'll start with the bad (I prefer it in that order, get the bad out of the way to make room for more good right). A few weeks ago I was driving the kids out to school, we live in Ivins but I still drive the kids to East Elementary which is in St.George, well this was not the best of mornings. I seriously had like 10 things on my list of things to do that day, so I decided not to get dressed (I usually at least throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and maybe put a hat on) But no, I stayed in my pj's with NO bra.. ugh.. and just threw the twins in the car in their pj's as well. My plan was to just drop off the kids and come right back home to take showers and get dressed and put in order the things I planned on doing. Oh yeah, Baylee was having a fit because she wanted to sit up front... "I neeeeverrrr getttt to sit up front mawwwwwwwwwwwwwm! Its not faiiiiiiir" UGHHH!!! FINE! so we put one of the twins boosters up front and let Baylee sit there. Which is so not usual. Alyssa and Alanah are so good at getting in the van and buckling themselves in. So instead of being secure in their car seats they were merely in seatbelts. Luckily they were fine. But like I said this was a bad morning for us. Anyways to the point, after I had dropped the three older kids off and was heading back home, of course I get in an accident. My fault, I was so sidetracked with the duties of the day and everything else. It was like 8:30 in the morning and the Blvd. was really crowded and as the person in front of me came to a stop, I tried not to but I hit him and then a car hit me from behind. So there I was in my pj's and NO bra.. Yeah thats always fun! the girls had no shoes on and we had to stand on the side of the road for like 45 min. while the officer got all the insurance and tickets written(I got a ticket for "following too close"). Oh yeah I also forgot my cell phone, something I NEVER do. So I had to go to a gas station across the street and call my friend Erika and she saved my day! Thank you Erika.

Wow, that was a long bad news. Im getting over it, Dave and I went and bought all the parts we needed to fix our car and did it our selves. I should say he did all the work I just helped a little here and there and stayed in the garage for moral support.

So now for the good things, well we have moved and are feeling somewhat settled into our new place. I love the home and the scenery, Ivins is so beautiful! This week has been fun, the kids are having spring break so we have had some fun hanging out and going to the park. We had a cousin sleepover on monday night, the kids had tons of fun as they always do when they are together. Mom Shari and Kristi came over on Saturday for a sleepover on their way through to Vegas for a girls trip. They had fun in Vegas and then came back to SG for a couple of nights in the condo. Mom treated me to dinner for my birthday at the pasta factory and all of us girls had a nice time visiting. Then we went over to the condo and went hot tubbing and stayed up late playing games and talking. That was a much needed girls night for me.

So today Julie called and would like to meet us for lunch at the park. Her and the girls are so sweet, that will be fun.

I have some photos of the kids that I have taken recently. I will post them when I get a chance, as for now I am gonna get some lunch packed to take to the park.

1 comment:

Emily Shurtleff said...

Sasha I can't help but laugh. I know that must have been so embarrassing but at least telling the story you get to bring a smile to others face.