Well I have successfully made it through my first full week subbing for a kindergarten teacher who had her baby 5 weeks early! The kids have given me a run for my money so far, but I have to say that this past Friday was definitely a huge improvement from the beginning of the week. There are a couple handful's of kids that are doing everything they can to test their limits. I just had to get mean, and so I think they are getting the picture that they have to treat me like their teacher. I'm sure it won't be easy, but it will get easier and funner as they get to know me as their teacher. They are really cute kids, so I'm excited, and it's fun!
Other than that we are just busy as ever and trying to keep our house clean as we come and go. That is one thing I am going to have to get used to again. When I worked at Star Sign, I would come home at lunch and do my dishes in about 10 minutes and have my kitchen clean before I went back to work. I am gonna have to get fast at that again so my house stays clean all week.
Oh yeah, we got a new car!! A van, finally. We have been without a van since about June, we just walk if we have to (living really close to everything helps a ton). And we were limited on the things we could do as a family. Julie and Brent gave some of us a ride to a few softball games cause we couldn't all fit. So anyways we got an '06 Chrysler Town & Country. It is really nice, I love it! I didn't think I would care about the "stow n' go" , but the more I think about it, it will be so nice when we go on trips to put our luggage in the floor instead of all over the floor. We also bought a overhead DVD player and the kids love that, but it makes the 12 hour drive to my Mom's for thanksgiving sound a whole lot easier. I'm just grateful that we were able to get it, our old neighbor owns a car dealership and we were so lucky to know that we got a good car, that is always something that I am paranoid of, car dealerships. I get scared that we are gonna get taken for fools and end up paying too much for a bad car. But knowing him made us at ease and we ended up with a great family van!!
So I am tired, I have spent all day doing homework. I need to do more during the week instead of saving it all for Sunday when it is due!
Still no camera, so as soon as I get one I'll post pictures of lots of stuff!! ;)
2 comments:
Yay vans! I didn't know how much I would like mine. Did you get it from Curt? He is so good to work with! M
Sasha, I am so happy to see your post. I missed you and your updates. No wonder, you are so busy. But, your life sounds exciting. I bet those cute little kids just love you. Way to be strict! I can only imagine a class room of Nadia's. I am so glad you got such a deal on your van. I hate dealing with buying a car too. That is awesome on the DVD player! oh, by the way you can borrow my camera anytime. Hope you have a good day!
Post a Comment